- One of Great Britain’s oldest clubs, established in 1921.
- Membership approximately 50.
- In 1945 a club member, Tom Warren, was one of only five British Rotarians ever appointed President of Rotary worldwide.
- A programme of social events for members and their families.
- Annual fundraising in the region of £50,000.
- Major Fundraising event: Dragon Boat Challenge at Himley Hall, in May each year. In eighteen years the event has raised over £370,000.
- Annual Tree of Remembrance event has raised over £85,000.
- Principal achievements
- Active participant in the establishment of Compton Hospice.
- Establishment of Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre.
- Provision of Mini-bus and refurbishment of premises for Spurgeon Trust.
- Replacement of beds for Compton Hospice and major contributor to 2012 refurbishment.
- Ongoing support of many local charities.
- Significant contributor to disaster appeals.
The club meets for lunch (12.30 for 1pm) at South Staffs Golf Club, Danescourt Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 9BQ, on the second and fourth Tuesdays each month.
For other weeks see website below
For further information please contact Club Secretary, Gerry Peters at the above address or telephone 01902 893527
- Email: Gerry Peters
To learn more about the Dragon Boat Challenge, visit: